Welcome to Junction's Portal for Whistle Blowing Services
This portal is for Internal Staff and External Organisation contact points for reporting incidents and items regarding Probity for Directors, Administrators, Managers and Staff under the Australian Laws and Legisation.
What is Whistleblowing?
Junction is committed to having a sound and ethical corporate governance. Whistleblowing is not about airing a grievance – it is about reporting a real or perceived wrongdoing. Our policy and our approach allows anonymous disclosure to allow all people to raise concerns regarding unethical, unlawful or undesirable conduct. Please read the Whistleblower Policy .
It is strongly recommended that you read all the relevant policies to understand how your concern(s) relate to the Whistleblower policy (See Top Menu for Junction’s policies).
What are the types of Whistleblowing?
There are two types of whistleblowing. One is the disclosure made under the relevant law. The other is the extended version under our policy.
Either way all disclosures mentioned in our policy are protected under our policy.
How do I make a Disclosure?
How do I make a report?
To make a report please click on the ‘Make a Report’ button below. You will be redirected to the new page where you need to enter ‘Junction2020’ in the ‘unique key’ field, enter ‘tvtj4‘ in the “Unique Client Reference” and then press submit.
What happens when I lodge a report?
When you lodge a report, you will be provided with your own unique number which will be up to 20 characters long. Please keep a record of the unique number. It will be important if you wish to resume a report, upload more information for your disclosure or monitor progress of your disclosure.
How anonymous is my report?
You will be asked to report the wrongdoing on an electronic form which is entirely between you and WBS. Your identity, information and privacy will be protected by secure 256-bit encryption and you will be able to upload documentation and/or other evidence that you may have to support your information.
Please bear in mind that the information you disclose may mean that:
- You can be identified – please ensure that the information is focused on what happened and not necessarily how it was observed
- You might disclose your identity (through position/title/role or the connection with the people with whom you have a concern)
Will someone contact me?
NO unless you request contact and authorise it.
To protect your anonymity:
- WBS does not keep any information about you (name, phone number or email details are not collected), so no one will contact you directly.
- Junction Australia will not be provided with information about you (name, phone number or email details are not collected), so no one will contact you directly.
You will be driving this process. All interaction will occur through the online service. While this may take a little longer to obtain the information, this has been chosen to provide higher confidence that making a disclosure is anonymous.
You will need to log back in to check updates and progress, or upload information and/or evidence.
How is confidentiality maintained?
To protect your identity/anonymity and to retain the confidentiality of the disclosure you can:
- remain completely anonymous; or
- disclose your identity only to WBS and they will not disclose your identity to Junction Australia until they have your permission or until required by law; or
- disclose your identity to both WBS and to Junction Australia.
WBS ensures confidentiality through a combined set of strategies. These strategies can only be compromised by your actions, including:
- talking to people about your proposed or actual disclosure
- allowing people to access your disclosure using your unique access code
- gathering information from your network (using work items, PC, Laptop, Phone) that specifically or generally relates to your disclosure
- making inquiries from your network (using work items, PC, Laptop, Phone) that specifically or generally relates to your disclosure
- requiring WBS to communicate with you on a specific disclosure using phone calls, email and fax, whether work assets or your personal assets
What are my obligations?
Anyone making a disclosure must:
- act in ‘good faith’
- have reasonable grounds for believing the information disclosed indicates a wrongdoing
If your disclosure is not made in good faith or is found to be vexatious, malicious, deliberately misleading or frivolous, you may be subject to disciplinary action including dismissal and prosecution under the Whistle Blowing Protection Authority and Acts.
No action will be taken where the report was made in good faith, but no wrongdoing was identified.
Need more information?
- Read Whistleblower policy and related policies on your companies website or intranet
- Visit WBS FAQ FAQ
What happens after the disclosure is lodged?
Once you make a disclosure to WBS, WBS will analyse the information provided to assess if additional information is required. Once all relevant information has been obtained Junction will receive the assessment, including potential course(s) of action within one business day.
Only an authorised Threat Protect employee can investigate the assessment provided by WBS. All disclosures will be the subject of a thorough investigation with the objective of locating all relevant evidence to understand the nature of the issue. Based on the investigation Junction will determine if there is enough information to take the matter further or to close the matter.
Progress will be posted to the whistleblower portal.
You can also provide update through the whistleblower portal.
Anonymity & Confidentiality
Security for the Whistleblower
The service provider has taken a number of measures to protect your anonymity. These steps are for your benefit. While you are entitled to disclose your identity, this will only occur with your express consent.
By choosing this process of anonymity, means that you will be given disclosure specific login details. You will need to retain this information to provide additional information about your disclosure or to obtain updates.