CHURCHES OF CHRIST
Unique Code: COCQ2021
Client Reference Number: p0hfe2021
What is Whistleblowing?
Our approach and our policy is committed to having a sound and ethical corporate governance. Whistleblowing is not about airing a grievance – it is about reporting a real or perceived wrongdoing.
Our policy and our approach allows anonymous disclosure to allow all people to raise concerns regarding unethical, unlawful or undesirable conduct.
Please read the Whistleblower Policy . It is strongly recommended that you read all the relevant policies to understand how your concern(s) relate to the Whistleblower policy.
What are the types of Whistleblowing?
There are two types of whistleblowing. One is the disclosure made under the relevant law. The other is the extended version under our policy. Either way all disclosures mentioned in our policy are protected under our policy.
Will someone contact me?
Yes if you request contact.
To protect your anonymity:
- WBS does not keep any information about you (name, phone number or email details are not collected), so no one will contact you directly.
- Churches of Christ will not be provided with information about you (name, phone number or email details are not collected), unless you authorise us to do so.
You will be driving this process. All interaction will occur through the online service. While this may take a little longer to obtain the information, this has been chosen to provide higher confidence that making a disclosure is anonymous.
You will need to log back in to check updates and progress, or upload information and/or evidence.
How do I make a Report or Disclosure?
How do I make a report?
To make an “Online” report please click on the ‘Make a Report’ button below. You will be redirected to the new page where you need to enter ‘COCQ2021’ in the ‘Unique Key’ field. Click on ‘next’ and follow the prompt. You will then be asked for your “Client Reference Number” that is “p0hfe2021” as issued via Churches of Christ.
- By email to: [email protected]
- By post to 41 Brookfield Road, Kenmore QLD 4069. Please address to the Whistleblower Protection Officer and mark as ‘Private and Confidential’.
What happens when I lodge a report?
When you lodge a report, you will be provided with your own unique number which will be up to 20 characters long. Please keep a record of the unique number. It will be important if you wish to resume a report, upload more information for your disclosure or monitor progress of your disclosure.
How anonymous is my report?
You will be asked to report the wrongdoing on an electronic form which is entirely between you and WBS. Your identity, information and privacy will be protected by secure 256-bit encryption and you will be able to upload documentation and/or other evidence that you may have to support your information.
Please bear in mind that the information you disclose may mean that:
- You can be identified – please ensure that the information is focused on what happened and not necessarily how it was observed.
- You might disclose your identity (through position/title/role or the connection with the people with whom you have a concern).
What are my obligations?
Anyone making a disclosure must:
- act in ‘good faith’
- have reasonable grounds for believing the information disclosed indicates a wrongdoing
If your disclosure is not made in good faith or is found to be vexacious, malicious, deliberately misleading or frivolous, you may be prosecuted under the Whistle Blowing Protection Authority and Acts and you may be subject to disciplinary action including dismissal.
No action will be taken where the report was made in good faith, but no wrongdoing was identified.
Need more information?
- Read Whistleblower policy and related policies
- Visit WBS FAQ page
What happens after the disclosure is lodged?
Once you make a disclosure to WBS, we will analyse the information provided to assess if additional information is required. Once all relevant information has been obtained Churches of Christ will receive the assessment, including potential course(s) of action within one business day.
Only authorised Churches of Christ employees can investigate the assessment provided by WBS. All disclosures will be the subject of a thorough investigation with the objective of locating all relevant evidence to understand the nature of the issue. Based on the investigation Churches of Christ will determine if there is enough information to take the matter further or to close the matter.
Progress will be posted to the whistleblower portal.
You can also provide update through the whistleblower portal.
At the top of the screen is a Language Support option. Please select the relevant language you require.
How is confidentiality maintained?
To protect your identity/anonymity and to retain the confidentiality of the disclosure you can:
- remain completely anonymous; or
- disclose your identity only to WBS and they will not disclose your identity to Churches of Christ until they have your permission or until required by law; or
- disclose your identity to both WBS and to Churches of Christ on your request.
WBS ensures confidentiality through a combined set of strategies. These strategies can only be compromised by your actions, including:
- talking to people about your proposed or actual disclosure
- allowing people to access your disclosure using your unique access code
- gathering information from your network (using work items, PC, Laptop, Phone) that specifically or generally relates to your disclosure
- making inquiries from your network (using work items, PC, Laptop, Phone) that specifically or generally relates to your disclosure
- requiring WBS to communicate with you on a specific disclosure using phone calls, email and fax, whether work assets or your personal assets
Anonymity & Confidentiality
Security for the Whistleblower
The service provider has taken a number of measures to protect your anonymity. These steps are for your benefit.
While you are entitled to disclose your identity, this will only occur with your express consent.
By choosing this process of anonymity, means that you will be given disclosure specific login details.
You will need to retain this information to provide additional information about your disclosure or to obtain updates.
ABOUT CHURCHES OF CHRIST
Churches of Christ has a long and proud history of care. Active across more than 100 local communities in Queensland and Victoria for over 130 years, we are an organisation dedicated to innovative and holistic support. By empowering people to live hope-filled, meaningful lives, we are able to truly live our purpose – to bring the light of Christ into communities.
Through our local churches, and care and support services, we are able to assist tens of thousands of people each year. By creating inclusive, caring, compassionate environments that meet individual needs without discrimination or prejudice, we are helping to build a community where everyone is welcome.